Corporate & Business

If it’s complicated or a mess, I can handle it!  I’ve worked cases involving corporate income, payroll, multiple business entities, parent companies, excise and civil penalty matters.  Give me a call to discuss this today!


Case by Case

Do you have another IRS tax problem that’s not included here?  Chances are, I can help with that.  Give me a call to discuss your unique tax problem.



If you’re behind on payroll taxes, have missed a couple of tax deposits, have defaulted on previous installment agreements, have a Revenue Officer assigned to your case, or contenting with the Trust Fund Recovery Penalty, then give me a call. I specialize in this area of tax problem solving.


Offer in Compromise

An Offer in Compromise is an alternative way for you to settle for less than what you owe. This is based on your net disposable income; after all reasonable and necessary living expenses have been paid, your net equity in assets, and any unique circumstances you may be faced with. Depending on what’s going on, this may or may not be the best approach to resolving your tax problem, so give me a call to discuss this further.


Unfiled Tax Returns

Non-filers can be subject to examination or audit, including having the IRS prepare what’s called a Substitute for Return or SFR. This is essentially a dummy return that takes all of the taxable income that was reported to the IRS on a W-2, 1099, et. all without any credits or deductions. When the IRS takes these actions, you need a representative who will advocate for you and ensure that only the correct amount of tax is assessed.


Late Return Filing

When filing late, the IRS will impose a hefty penalty for not filing on time if you have a balance due. This also applies if you’re filing informational income tax returns, such as an S-corp, partnership or non-profit return. In some situations, the IRS may consider waiving this penalty if it falls under certain criteria. To understand this, you need a representative who used to work for the IRS to know what to ask for.


Property Seizures

When you owe back taxes which haven’t been resolved, the IRS can seize certain property to settle what’s owed. Depending on the situation, the IRS can seize and sell your property, sometimes for less than full value. To understand your rights and explore possible alternatives, you need a representative who used to conduct seizures on behalf of the IRS.


Installment Agreements

Individuals and business owners alike can benefit from this if they know what to ask for. Unless you fall into a certain dollar criteria, most payment plans are negotiated based on what the IRS considers your ability to pay. This is your net disposable income after all reasonable and necessary expenses have been paid. For greater assistance on this topic, give me a call. There’s no one who’s better suited to broker a properly structured installment agreement, partial pay installment agreement, streamlined installment agreement, or an in-business installment agreement than someone who used to analyze financial information for the IRS.


Tax Liens

The Notice of Federal Tax Lien is a publicly perfected security instrument. This perfects the government’s interest in your property. Criteria exists for the lien to be discharged, subordinated, released, or withdrawn. Get in touch with someone who used to file tax liens on behalf of the IRS to understand if you could be eligible for tax lien relief.


Tax Levies

In the event there’s an unpaid liability, the IRS can issue a statutory Notice of Intent to Levy. This gives the IRS the ability to garnish your wages or empty your bank account. “Levy” is a very broad term as it can attach to all manner of property. If you’ve received a certified letter, this could be an indicator that levy action is the next step. Give me a call to determine where you’re at in the collection process and if steps should be taken to insulate you from any proposed levy or enforced collection action.


Innocent Spouse Relief

If your spouse or ex-spouse has been fiscally irresponsible, you shouldn’t be to blame. In fact, the IRS allows spouses innocent of tax fraud to file for relief. This is based on a couple of factors, so if your spouse or ex-spouse failed to include taxable income on your combined income tax return, let me help you submit the necessary information to request relief.


Back Taxes

When you have an outstanding tax debt, it’s important to make sure this is addressed straight away. Failure to get into some kind of resolution could result in enforced collection, such as liens and levies. In most cases, this can result in more penalties being paid out over time. If you’re facing an economic hardship and aren’t in a position to pay, then give me a call to ascertain what works best for you.


Do you owe at least $10,000 to the IRS in back-taxes?

Have you received a letter from the IRS indicating that you owe more than $10,000?  Have you received a letter from the IRS indicating that they intend to assess additional tax, penalty or interest exceeding $10,000?  Have you recently filed a tax return with an amount greater than $10,000?  If so, give me a call at (636) 495-5700 to ascertain if what you owe is correct and what options you may have when it comes to negotiating with the IRS.

Do you have unfiled tax returns?

Has it been years since you’ve filed a tax return?  Has the IRS sent you a letter prompting you to file for one year or many?  Do you have returns you haven’t filed because you can’t afford to pay the tax?  Do you have returns that haven’t been prepared because you know you’ll owe and you don’t know where to start?  If so, give me a call at (636) 495-5700 to figure out the best way to file, how far to go back and what strategy would be helpful for your situation.

Are your wages being garnished?  Has the IRS taken money out of your bank account?

Have you been notified by your employer that they’ll be withholding money for the IRS?  Have you received a letter from the IRS indicating that they intend to “levy” or forcibly take money or property from you?  Are you in the throes of losing money due to IRS enforcement actions?  If so, give me a call at (636) 495-5700 to figure out how these actions can be stopped or reversed.

Are you being audited or investigated?

Have you been contacted by a Tax Examiner, Revenue Agent or Revenue Officer?  Have you received any correspondence from the IRS regarding an increase in tax?  Are you in the process of working with an IRS employee, but don’t feel like they’re treating you fairly?  If so, give me a call at (636) 495-5700 to confirm your rights and to explore alternatives.

Are you receiving threatening collection letters from the IRS?

Have you been inundated with notices from the IRS?  Amounts due, proposed tax increases or proposed penalties?  Do these letters feel like one long, run-on sentence with the same threatening rhetoric?  Would you like additional information behind the letter or notice?  If so, give me a call at (636) 495-5700 for a translation of these notices, their potential impact on your livelihood and how best to respond.


Contact Me to Request a Free Consultation

Areas of Expertise Page

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.